1. Vitamin C can boost collagen production in skin.
Applying Vitamin C topically boosts collagen, which can help reduce wrinkles and improve skin texture.
2. If you have dry skin – drink more water.
Dry skin isn’t about water consumption. It is by far more complicated than that. If drinking water was all that it took, no one would have dry skin and cosmetic companies would stop selling moisturizers.
3. Caffeine is a great anti-aging tool.
Not in your coffee but in your skincare products, which can perk up your skin. This ingredient is known to repair fine lines, stretch marks and reduce cellulite.
4. Having sex helps fight aging.
The hormones released during and after sex are anti-inflammatory and therefore will fight aging and stress hormones.
5. There is a special miracle cream for wrinkles.
It’s a complete nonsense. Skin is the largest organ of the human body and requires so much more than just creams. There is absolutely no magic ingredient or formula in the world of skincare. Unfortunately, if you want to get rid of wrinkles, you should make an appointment with your plastic surgeon.
6. Protecting your skin from the sun is the number one thing you can do to keep away wrinkles and skin discoloration.
Sun damage is the number 1 culprit for skin. Overexposure can break down collagen and elastin in skin and cause more wrinkles and pigmentation to occur.
7. Working out in the morning can help diminish dark circles.
Exercising when you first wake up will get your circulation going. Do some downward dogs or an inversion to get your heart above your head, it will help reverse the blood flow and reduce dark circles.
8. Wearing more makeup will help cover up signs of aging and make you look younger.
Wearing too much makeup can actually make you look older. Try avoiding powders, wear sunscreen, some blush and do up the lips and eyes instead.
9. Expensive skincare products are better than inexpensive ones!
The amount of money you spend on skincare products has nothing to do with the quality of the product. It’s all about the formulation and the ingredients.
10. Sleeping on your back prevents wrinkles.
If you don’t sleep on your back, your face gets smooshed into the pillow, which deepens natural lines of expressions and creates new ones. Also, invest in a silk pillowcase, which will prevent wrinkling and keep your hair knot-free.