Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/content/87/9537587/html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 379
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/content/87/9537587/html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 382
Last Friday, Sept the 20th, my friends and I went to the Midnight MRKT.
What is it you ask? It’s Toronto’s night market pairing music, drinks and street style food with local retailers. It is a reoccurring event and the locations always change. Last one took place at 461 King St. West.
In my opinion, the event had some pros and cons. Let’s start with the pros.
- You get to mingle with people
- You get to see some amazing artists and their work
- You get to try some delicious food
- You get to listen to live music
- You get to buy cool things
- You have to pay $5.00 to enter in order to spend money. Not that it’s a huge amount but it’s the principle! The reason I go there is to spend my money, so don’t ask me for an entry fee unless you’re the next One of a Kind Show or going to start doing free give-aways or contests. Also because you don’t have enough vendors yet. That takes me to my nr. 2 reason.
- Not enough vendors!!!! There must have been around 20 vendors, which made it kind of boring. There were some cool vendors but not enough of them!
Speaking of the cool vendors, here’s my top three:
- CMP Originals
CMP Originals were founded by Christine M Peter. She’s an amazing dress maker and designer. She also makes the most stylish ties and bow ties, which are so in right now. If you don’t like what you see – no problem! She can always design you a custom one! You pick your fabric, style, color, etc.
- Blackbird Jewelry
The jewelry is hand crafted by local Toronto designers Vanessa Marino and Regan Hayes. As a jewelry designer myself, I admired their bold pieces, which were made of plexiglass combined with dark, rich ropes and heavy gunmetal chains.
- Desmond & Beatrice
Their home-baked cookies were delicious and huge! They also make cupcakes, breads, muffins, vegan treats and much more.
Overall, for a new event, it wasn’t that bad. It has some potential!
Would I go again? Only if they bring more vendors!